- Introduction of superior germplasm.
- Germplasm enhancement for quality and high yield.
- Identification of high quality and high yielding genotypes.
- Studies of floral biology and breeding behaviour.
- Search for source of resistance to biotic and abiotic stresses.
- G x E interaction to identify best location for best performance.
- Ex-situ conservation of medicinal plants in field gene bank.
- Basic research for developing good agricultural practices (GAP) in medicinal and Aromatic plants taking into account individual location and species.
- Developing integrated crop management module including integrated nutrient, water and pest management protocols.
- Biosynthetic pathway of secondary metabolites production.
- Developing organic farming system.
- Monitoring of pesticide residue and heavy metal contamination in the market produce/sources.
- Monitoring of quality of raw drug material available in the market.
- Fixing of quality standard of raw drug material.
- Developing chemical finger printing for individual species to avoid adulteration.
- Developing a referral laboratory.
- Standardisation and development of integrated pest management (for both disease and insect pest).
- Developing forecasting models.
- Micropropagation of species which have multiplication problem.
- Use of marker assisted breeding for varietal development.
- Use of molecular markers for detection of adulterations in raw drug trading.
- Developing different molecular techniques for genetic finger printing to protect IPR.
- Studies on biosynthetic pathways of biomolecules and their genetic regulation systems.
Post Harvest Management
- Development of post harvest management system.
- Development of storage technology for reducing post harvest loses.
- Limited product development for food supplement and nutraceutical.