|Dr. KULDEEPSINGH A. KALARIYA|
|Discipline: Plant Physiology||Designation: Scientist||Since April, 2015|
|Email: Kuldeep.Kalariya@icar.gov.in||Mobile: +91-9427710751|
|Degree||Institute/ University||Year of completion||Subject(s) with major field|
|BSc||Navsari Agricultural University, Navsari||2002||Agriculture|
|MSc||Navsari Agricultural University, Navsari||2005||Agriculture|
|PhD||Navsari Agricultural University, Navsari||2009||Plant Physiology & Ecology|
Employment Record & Experience (Starting from the present position)
|Designation||Organization||Institution & place of posting||Period(From-to)||Duration(years, months)|
|Scientist||ICAR, New Delhi||ICAR-Directorate of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Research, Anand, Gujarat, India||27.04.2015 to till date|
|Scientist||ICAR, New Delhi||ICAR-DGR, Junagadh||18.09.2010 to 25.04.2015||4 years 7 months|
|Scientist||ICAR, New Delhi||ICAR-NAARM, Hyderabad||11.05.2010 to 17.09.2010||4 months|
|Research Associate||NAU, Navsari||SWMRU, NAU, Navsari||11.02.2009-25.04.2010||1 year 3 months|
|Senior Research Fellow||NAU, Navsari||SWMRU, NAU, Navsari||17.11.2008 to 10.02.2009||3 months|
- Physiological interventions to enhance herbage yield in Kalmegh.
- Physiological studies in selected medicinal plants under water deficit stress.
- Amelioration of water deficit stress through growth regulators in Kalmegh.
Recent 3 major contributions:
- Groundnut cultivar with high photosynthesis and better stress recovering capacity identified.
- Tolerant groundnut genotypes to saline stress NaCl salinity during germination identified.
- Physiological efficiencies of 181 mini-core peanut accessions evaluated and genotypes categorized into groups of high, medium, and low physiological activity.
Recent awards and recognitions:
- Best poster award for presenting poster in seminar on ‘Physiological and molecular interventions on sustainable crop productivity under changing climatic conditions’ organized by ISPP, New Delhi and DMAPR, Anand held at Anand, on 17th January, 2012. pp 167.
- Best research papers published in Bhartiya Krishi Anusandhan Patrika, 2012 for “isozymes and SDS-page profiling in rice under salinity pp 168.
Current collaborative activities:
Recent most significant publications:
- Kalariya KA, Singh AL, Chakraborty K, Ajay BC, Zala PV, Patel CB, Nakar RN, Nisha Goswami, Deepti Mehta (2015) SCMR: A More Pertinent Trait than SLA in Peanut Genotypes under Transient Water Deficit Stress during Summer.(In press) Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section B: Biological Sciences DOI:10.1007/s40011-015-0636-4
- Kalariya KA, Singh AL, Nisha Goswami, Deepti Mehta, Mahatma MK, Ajay BC, Chakraborty K, Zala PV, Vidya Chaudhary, Patel CB (2015) Photosynthetic characteristics of peanut genotypes under excess and deficit irrigation during summer. Physiol Mol Biol Plants 21 (3):317–327.
- Kalariya KA, Singh AL, Chakraborty K, Zala PV, Patel CB (2015) Relative water content as an index of permanent wilting in groundnut under progressive water deficit stress. Electronic Journal of Environmental Sciences Vol. 8: 17-22.
- Kalariya KA, Shah RR, Mahatma MK (2015) Response of exogenous abscisic acid on photosynthesis in contrasting rice genotypes under salinity shock. Electronic Journal of Environmental Sciences Vol. 8: 11-15.
- Swami RM, Mahatma MK, Parekh MJ, Kalariya KA, Mahatma L(2015) Alteration of Metabolites and Polyphenol Oxidase Activity in Wilt Resistant and Susceptible Pigeonpea Genotypes during Fusarium udum Infection. Indian J Agric Biochem 28 (1), 18-23.
- Chakraborty K, Singh AL, Kalariya KA, Goswami N, Zala PV(2014) Physiological responses of peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) cultivars to water deficit stress: status of oxidative stress and antioxidant enzyme activities. Acta Botanica Croatica 74 (1) 123-142.
- Kalariya KA, Mahatma MK (2014) Response of exogenous abscisic acid on antioxidant enzymes in rice under salinity shock. Indian Journal of Agricultural Biochemistry 27 (2), 111-115.
- Singh AL, Nakar RN, Chakraborty K, Kalariya KA (2014) Physiological efficiencies in minicore groundnut germplasm accessions during summer season. Photosynthetica 52(4): 627-635.
- Chakraborty K, Bishi SK, Singh AL, Kalariya KA, Lokesh Kumar(2013) Moisture deﬁcit stress affects yield and quality in groundnut seeds. Ind J Plant Physiol. (April–June 2013) 18(2):136–141.
- Kalariya KA, Singh AL, Chakraborty K, Zala PV, Patel CB(2013) Photosynthetic characteristics of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) under water deficit. Ind J Plant Physiol. (2013) 18:157-163.
Other professional activities:
- Life member-Indian Society for Plant Physiology(ISPP), IARI, Pusa, New Delhi, India.
- Life member-Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Association of India (MAPAI), Anand, India.