|Dr. Parmeshwar L. Saran|
|Discipline: Horticulture||Designation: Senior Scientist||Since March, 2012|
|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Mobile: +91-9104333343|
|Degree||Institute/ University||Year of completion||Subject(s) with major field|
|BSc (Hons.)||Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner, Rajasthan||2000||Agriculture|
|MSc||Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner, Rajasthan||2002||Horticulture (Fruits)|
|PhD||Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar||2005||Horticulture (Fruits)|
Employment Record & Experience (Starting from the present position)
|Designation||Organization||Institution & place of posting||Period(From-to)||Duration(years, months)|
|Senior Scientist||ICAR, New Delhi||ICAR-Directorate of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Research, Anand, Gujarat, India||18.04.2015 to till date|
|Senior Scientist||ICAR, New Delhi||IARI-Regional Station Pusa, Samastipur, (Bihar)||17.03.2012 to 17.04.2015||3 years|
|Assistant Professor / Junior Research Officer Horticulture||G. B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar (Uttrakhand)||Horticulture Research & Extension Centre, Dhakrani (Dehradun)||11.12.2006 to 16.03.2012||3 months 5 years|
|Senior Research Fellow||Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar||Directorate of Extension Education CCS HAU, Hisar (Haryana)||26.11.2005 to 01.12.2006||1 year|
- Conservation, characterization and utilization of genetic resources of Ocimum and Asparagus for sustaining production.
Recent 3 major contributions:
- Use of papaya fruit especially in winter season enhancing hydrocele problem was reported first time under traditional medicament by NEPZ peoples.
- The new physiological disorders have been reported in papaya viz., bumpiness, deformed/discoloured seeds, vivipary, white seeds and stamen feminization. Modeling and characterization of the bumpy papaya fruit disorder and managed by basal application of borax @ 5g/plant was most effective under sandy loam soils for increasing the level of B in leaf and fruits without leaf toxicity.
- Modeling of mango fruit cracking with environmental factors and scaling of biotic and abiotic factors in mango.
Recent awards and recognitions:
- Bestowed with Young Scientist Fellowship Award on “Studies on the burl: an unresolved woody disorder of mango trees in India” and receives the grant 19.56 lack from DST, Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB), Government of India, New Delhi.
- RAU Pusa (Bihar) awarded first and second prize for papaya and first for ripe banana fruit exhibitions during 14-16 March, 2015 in farmers fair.
Current collaborative activities:
Recent most significant publications:
- Saran PL, Choudhary R, Solanki IS, Patil P, Kumar S (2015) Genetic Variability and Relationship Studies of New Indian Papaya (Carica papaya L.) Germplasm Using Morphological and Molecular Markers. Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry, 39(2): 310-321.
- Saran PL, Choudhary R, Solanki IS, Devi G (2015) Traditional medicaments by papaya among the tribal communities in North Eastern plains zone of India. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge, 14(2) (Press).
- Saran PL, Kumar R, Sazaie E, Choudhary R (2015) Fruit Cracking in Mango (Mangifera indica l.) cv. Dashehari Erwerbs-Obstbau, 57 (2): 93-96.
- Saran PL, Choudhary R, Solanki IS, Priya Ranjan Kumar (2013) New physiological disorders in papaya (Carica papaya L.). African Journal of Biotechnology, 13(4): 574-580.
- Saran PL, Devi G, Kumar R(2013) Relative importance of biotic and physiological factors in mango (Mangifera indica L.) production under Doon valley conditions of Uttarakhand. Indian Journal of Horticulture, 70 (2): 287-289.
- Saran PL, Kumar R, Gupta S (2011) Morphology and anatomy of burl disorder of mango in India. The Journal of Horticultural Science & Biotechnology, 86(5):443-445.
- Saran PL, Kumar R (2011) Boron deficiency disorders in mango (Mangifera indica L.): Varietal screening, nutritional composition and ameliorative effect of boron application. Indian Journal of agricultural Sciences 81 (6): 506-510.
- Saran PL, Ganga P Mall, Garhwal OP(2010) Economic impact of extensive pollination through honey bee (Apis mellifera L.) in peach orchard. Indian Journal of Horticulture, 67(4): 475-477.
- Saran PL, Godara AK, Sehrawat SK (2010) Morphological variability among low chilling peach genotypes under Dehradun conditions. Indian Journal of Horticulture, 67(1): 30-33.
- Samarina LS, Choudhary R, Kolomiets TM, Abilfazova YS, Saran PL (2014) In vitro conservation technique for Russian Citrus limon (L.) Burm. Agricultural Research, 3(4):279–283.
- Saran PL, Johari RK, Kandpal K (2010) Association analysis in peach (Prunus persica L.) genotypes for yield and its contributing traits. Annals of Agricultural Research, 31(1&2): 28-31.
- Saran PL, Choudhary R, Solanki IS (2014) PL-13/96: A new papaya selection, ICAR News (July-September), 20(3): 10-11.
- Saran PL, Choudhary R, Solanki IS, Kanhaiya Singh (2013) New bottlenecks in seed production of papaya under North Eastern Plains Zone. New Initiatives. ICAR NEWS, A Science and Technology NewsLetter, 19(3): 4.
- Saran PL, Choudhary R, Solanki IS (2014) Papaya: Agri-hort system. Agriculture Today 17(2): 40-41.
- Saran PL, Singh CB, Choudhary R (2014) Papita Ki Vavysayik Kheti. Pusa Surbhi, IARI, ICAR, New Delhi, 6: 57-60.
- Devi G, Saran PL 2014) Papaya Cultivation: Gujarat’s New Success Story. Agriculture Today 17(3): 50-52.
- Saran PL, Choudhary R, Singh CB (2014) Papita Beejotpdan Aur Uske Naye Karyki Vikar. Prasaar Doot, IARI, New Delhi, pp 41-43.
- Saran PL, Kumar R (2012) Off-season guavas for handsome return. Indian Horticulture, 57(6): 1&7.
- Saran PL, Kumar R (2011) Feeding boron and zinc starved mango orchards. Indian Horticulture, 56(6): 28-29.
- Saran PL, Ratan Kumar (2010) Management of new fruit disorder in mango. Intensive Agriculture, 49(1): 7-8 & 17.
- Saran PL, Ratan Kumar (2010) Phal phatan: Kamai ko na de jay jhatka. Phal Phool, 31(1): 22-24.
- Saran PL, Godara AK, Sehrawat SK (2007) Biodiversity in ber (Ziziphus mauritiana Lamk.). Indian Horticulture, 52(3): 26.
- Saran PL, Ratan Kumar, Johari RK (2008) Fruit cracking disorder: An emerging problem of fruit crops. Indian Farmers’ Digest, 41(7): 30-32.
- Kumar R, Saran PL (2008) Promising low chilling peaches for subtropical fringes of Uttarakhand. Indian Horticulture, 53(4): 25.
- Saran PL, Ganga Saran (2009) Freeze for farmers: Safe storage of horticultural produce. Indian Farmers’ Digest 42(1): 25-27.
- Ganga Saran, Saran PL (2007) Scientific cultural practices adopted in henna cultivation for semi-arid tract of Rajasthan. Indian Farmers’ Digest 40(4): 41-44.
- Anuja Kumari, Saran PL (2007) Edible coatings: An innovative approach for preserving fresh fruits and vegetables. Indian Farmers’ Digest, 40(11): 9-10.
- Saran PL, Ratan Kumar(2008) Papite men kahar dhate vishanu janit rogon. Krishi Chayanika, 30(2): 9-10.
- Ram S, Saran PL, Johari RK (2009) Amrud ki kamai me sendh lagati phal mackhi aour phal bhedak khith. Phal Phool, 31(5): 43-45.
- Saran PL, Ratan Kumar (2008) Phatate aam katati jeb (Hindi). Krishi Chayanika,29(2):7-9.
- Saran PL, Ganga Choudhary, Malik RK (2006) Papite men lingbhed wa ushaka niwaran (Hindi). Krishi Chayanika,27(3):47-48.
- Saran PL, Godara AK, Godara RK (2005) Papain utpadan ak labhadayak vyavhshay, Haryana Kheti, July, 2005, pp 21-22.
- Chahar OP, Pushpa Kharab, Saran PL (2006) Ker men uttak sanverdhan dwara parvardhan (Hindi). Krishi Chayanika,27(3):29-31
- Saran PL, Kumar R (2007) Bael mein phal phatne evam girne ko roke. Phal Phool, 29(3): 9-10.
- Saran PL (2007) Ghatti khesther men aam ke kodh ka badhta parkop (Hindi). Krishi Chayanika, 28(2):44-45.
- Saran PL, Godara AK, Yadav IS, Chahar OP (2005) Marusthal ka ajuba ha ker. Narmada Krishi Parivar, Gujrat 17(1):8-9.
- Saran PL, Godara AK, Yadav IS (2005) Kaishe bhadhaan Aonla ka utpadhan. Narmada Krishi Parivar, Gujrat 16(11):19.
- Rakesh Kumar; Saran PL, Vijay Koshik (2006) Mushak niyntran ki geir rashaynik vidhiyan. Narmada Krishi Parivar, Gujrat 17(1): 13-15.
- Saran PL, Atul Kumar, Kanhaiya Singh, Solanki IS, Choudhary R (2013) Papite ka parverdhan avam unnat beej utpadan takneek. Sovenier, Kisan Mela (ICN: H/128/2013): IARI RS, Pusa (Bihar), 47-48.
- Atul Kumar, Saran PL, Solanki IS, Soni Kumari (2013) Papite ka parmukh rog avam nidan. Sovenier, Kisan Mela (ICN: H/128/2013): IARI RS, Pusa (Bihar), 51-53.
- Saran PL, Choudhary R, Kumar PR, Solanki IS (2013) Aam ka parvardhan avam bagiche ki sthapana. Kisan Mela (ICN: H/128/2013): IARI RS, Pusa (Bihar), 51-53.
- Priyaranjan Kumar, Saran PL, Solanki IS, Meera Pandey, Kamini Kumari(2013) Pyaj ka beejotpadan. Kisan Mela (ICN: H/128/2013): IARI RS, Pusa (Bihar), 64-65.
- Saran PL, Solanki IS, Choudhary R (2015) Papaya: Biology, Cultivation, Production and Uses. CRC press, Taylor and Francis Group (ISBN: 978-1-4987-3560-5), pp 201 (In Press).
- Singh CB, Solanki IS, Choudhary R, Gupta RK, Saran PL, Rao DUM(2015) Badalta Mosham: Upayukat vaigyanic khethi (ICN: H-145/2015), ICAR, IARI Regional Station Pusa (Bihar), pp201.
- Kumar PR, Saran PL, Singh CB, Rao DUM (2015) Quality seed: An important input in green revolution (ICN: H-146/2015), ICAR, IARI Regional Station Pusa (Bihar), pp50.
- Saran PL, Kumar R (2010) Aam ka pravardhan evam utpadan taknik. Research Bulletin No.173, GBPUA&T;, Pantnagar, pp 40.
- Singh SS, Vishal Nath, Ram S, Saran PL (2007) Litchi: Production and Export Technique (Hindi). Extension bulletin of Horticulture Technology Mission Project at G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Dhakrani, Dehradun. Pp.45.
- Ten days training programme for young farmers on Quality seed: An important input in green revolution was organized as a coordinator during 17-26 March, 2015 at IARI Regional Station, under ICAR Megha Seed Project in collaboration with the Bihar State Seed Certification Agency, Patna.
- Ten days training programme for seed certification inspector, BSSCA, patna, technical officers and progressive farmers on “Quality Seed Production and Seed Certification” was organized as a coordinator during 17-26 March, 2013 at IARI Regional Station, under ICAR Megha Seed Project in collaboration with the Bihar State Seed Certification Agency, Patna.
- Twelve one day training programmes were organized as an organizer for farmers and trained them on various aspects of fruits crops.
- State committee member of NHB for evaluation of assisted projects for the Uttarakhand state during 2011-2012.
Other professional activities:
- Life member of the Horticulture Society of India, New Delhi.
- Life member of the Indian Society of Arid Horticulture, Bikaner.
- Life member of the Horticulture Society of Haryana, Hisar.
- Life member of the Pantnagar Journal of Research.
- Life member of the “Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Association of India”, Anand.